(1) Abbaszadeh HA, Niknazar S, Darabi S, Roozbahany NA, Noori-Zadeh A, Ghoreishi SK, Khoramgah MS, Sadeghi Y. Stem cell transplantation and functional recovery after spinal cord injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Anatomy Cell Biol. (2018) 51: 180-8.
(2) Ahmed S, Chauhan VM, Ghaemmaghami AM and Aylott JW. New generation of bioreactors that advance extracellular matrix modelling and tissue engineering. Biotechnol. Lett. (2019) 41: 1-25.
(3) Chen L, Yan C and Zheng Z. Functional polymer surfaces for controlling cell behaviors. Mater. Today (2018) 21: 38-59.
(4) Persson M, Lehenkari PP, Berglin L, Turunen S, Finnilä MAJ, Risteli J, Skrifvars M and Tuukkanen J. Osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells in a 3d woven scaffold. Sci. Rep. (2018) 8: 10457-69.
(5) Stratton S, Shelke NB, Hoshino K, Rudraiah S and Kumbar SG. Bioactive polymeric scaffolds for tissue engineering. Bioact. Mater. (2016) 1: 93-108.
(6) Gordegir M, Oz S, Yezer I, Buhur M, Unal B and Demirkol DO. Cells-on-nanofibers: Effect of polyethyleneimine on hydrophobicity of poly-Ɛ-caprolacton electrospun nanofibers and immobilization of bacteria. Enzyme Microb. Technol. (2019) 126: 24-31.
(7) Ura DP, Karbowniczek JE, Szewczyk PK, Metwally S, Kopyściański M and Stachewicz U. Cell integration with electrospun PMMA nanofibers, microfibers, ribbons, and films: A microscopy study. Bioeng. (2019) 6: 41-53.
(8) Sabantina L, Wehlage D, Klöcker M, Mamun A, Grothe T, García-Mateos FJ, Rodríguez-Mirasol J, Cordero T, Finsterbusch K and Ehrmann A. Stabilization of electrospun PAN/gelatin nanofiber mats for carbonization. J. Nanomater. (2018) 2018: 1-12.
(9) Krishna L, Dhamodaran K, Jayadev C, Chatterjee K, Shetty R, Khora SS and Das D. Nanostructured scaffold as a determinant of stem cell fate. Stem Cell Res. Ther. (2016) 7: 188-200.
(10) Mousa M, Evans ND, Oreffo ROC and Dawson JI. Clay nanoparticles for regenerative medicine and biomaterial design: a review of clay bioactivity. Biomaterials. (2018) 159: 204-14.
(11) Mousavi SM, Hashemi SA, Salahi S, Hosseini M, Amani AM and Babapoor A. Development of clay nanoparticles toward bio and medical applications. COCIS. (2018) 167-93.
(12) Gaharwar AK, Mukundan S, Karaca E, Dolatshahi-Pirouz A, Patel A, Rangarajan K, Mihaila SM, Iviglia G, Zhang H and Khademhosseini A. Nanoclay-enriched poly (ɛ-caprolactone) electrospun scaffolds for osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Tissue Eng. Part A (2014) 20: 2088-101.
(13) Pu'ad NASM, Koshy P, Abdullah HZ, Idris MI and Lee TC. Syntheses of hydroxyapatite from natural sources. Heliyon. (2019) 5: e01588.
(14) Jeon HJ, Lee H and Kim GH. Fabrication and characterization of nanoscale-roughened PCL/collagen micro/nanofibers treated with plasma for tissue regeneration. J. Mater. Chem. B. (2015) 3: 3279-87.
(15) Balakin S, Dennison NR, Klemmed B, Spohn J, Cuniberti G, Römhildt L and Opitz J. Immobilization of detonation nanodiamonds on macroscopic surfaces. Appl. Sci. (2019) 9: 1064-76.
(16) Jeong SI, Jun ID, Choi MJ, Nho YC, Lee YM and Shin H. Development of electroactive and elastic nanofibers that contain polyaniline and poly (L‐lactide‐co‐ε‐caprolactone) for the control of cell adhesion. Macromol. Biosci. (2008) 8: 627-37.
(17) Carpenter AW, Slomberg DL, Rao KS and Schoenfisch MH. Influence of scaffold size on bactericidal activity of nitric oxide-releasing silica nanoparticles. ACS nano. (2011) 5: 7235-44.
(18) Liu X-Q and Tang R-Z. Biological responses to nanomaterials: understanding nano-bio effects on cell behaviors. Drug Deliv. (2017) 24: 1-15.
(19) Istrate OM and Chen B. Porous exfoliated poly (ε‐caprolactone)/clay nanocomposites: Preparation, structure, and properties. J. Appl. Polym. Sci. (2012) 125: E102-12.
(20) Dawson JI and Oreffo RO. Clay: new opportunities for tissue regeneration and biomaterial design. Adv. Mater. (2013) 25: 4069-86.
(21) Al-Mosawy MGA-A, Al-Mulla EAJ and Mohamad MJ. Bentonite-based nano organic clay using chalcone and azo dye as organophilic reagents. Nano. Biomed. Eng. (2017) 9: 124-8.
(22) Mirakabad FST, Hosseinzadeh S, Abbaszadeh HA, Khoramgah MS, Ghanbarian H, Ranjbari J and Kazemi B. The Comparison between the osteogenic differentiation potential of clay-polyacrylonitrile nanocomposite scaffold and graphene-polyacrylonitrile scaffold in human mesenchymal stem cells. Nano Biomed. Eng. (2019) 11: 238-53.
(23) Imagawa K. Method for producing pluripotent stem cells derived from dental pulp. Google Patent PCT/JP2013/059201; (2018).
(24) Mohamadali M, Irani S, Soleimani M and Hosseinzadeh S. PANi/PAN copolymer as scaffolds for the muscle cell‐like differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Polym. Adv. Technol. (2017) 28: 1078-87.
(25) El-Ghaffar MA, Youssef A and El-Hakim AA. Polyaniline nanocomposites via in situ emulsion polymerization based on montmorillonite: Preparation and characterization. Arab. J. Chem. (2015) 8: 771-9.
(26) Skoglund S, Hedberg J, Yunda E, Godymchuk A, Blomberg E and Wallinder IO. Difficulties and flaws in performing accurate determinations of zeta potentials of metal nanoparticles in complex solutions—Four case studies. PLoS One (2017) 12: e0181735.
(27) Bhattarai DP, Aguilar LE, Park CH and Kim CS. A review on properties of natural and synthetic based electrospun fibrous materials for bone tissue engineering. Membranes. (2018) 8: 62-86.
(28) Pina S, Ribeiro VP, Marques CF, Maia FR, Silva TH, Reis RL and Oliveira. Scaffolding strategies for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications. Materials (2019) 12: 1824-66.
(29) Chaudhari AA, Vig K, Baganizi DR, Sahu R, Dixit S, Dennis V, Singh SR and Pillai SR. Future prospects for scaffolding methods and biomaterials in skin tissue engineering: a review. Int. J. Mol. Sci. (2016) 17: 1974-2005.
(30) Vijayavenkataraman S, Shuo Z, Fuh J and Lu W. Design of three-dimensional scaffolds with tunable matrix stiffness for directing stem cell lineage specification: An in-silico study. Biomed. Eng. (2017) 4: 66-77.
(31) Chocholata P, Kulda V and Babuska V. Fabrication of scaffolds for bone-tissue regeneration. Materials. (2019) 12: 568-93.
(32) Xue J, Wu T, Dai Y and Xia Y. Electrospinning and electrospun nanofibers: methods, materials, and applications. Chem. Rev. (2019) 119: 5298-415.
(33) Ma S, Wang Z, Guo Y, Wang P, Yang Z, Han L, Sun J and Xia Y. Enhanced osteoinduction of electrospun scaffolds with assemblies of hematite nanoparticles as a bioactive interface. Int. J. Nanomedicine (2019) 14: 1051-64.
(34) Wong HM, Chu PK, Leung FKL, Cheung KMC, Luk KDK and Yeung KWK. Engineered polycaprolactone–magnesium hybrid biodegradable porous scaffold for bone tissue engineering. Prog. Nat. Sci. (2014) 24: 561-7.
(35) Mirzaei E, Ai J, Ebrahimi-Barough S, Verdi J, Ghanbari H and Faridi-Majidi R. The differentiation of human endometrial stem cells into neuron-like cells on electrospun PAN-derived carbon nanofibers with random and aligned topographies. Mol. Neurobiol. (2016) 53: 4798-808.
(36) Shafiei SS, Shavandi M, Ahangari G and Shokrolahi F. Electrospun layered double hydroxide/poly (ε-caprolactone) nanocomposite scaffolds for adipogenic differentiation of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Appl. Clay Sci. (2016) 127: 52-63.
(37) Ferrari M, Cirisano F and Morán MC. Mammalian cell behavior on hydrophobic substrates: influence of surface properties. Colloids Interfaces. (2019) 3: 48-64.
(38) Tallawi M, Rosellini E, Barbani N, Cascone MG, Rai R, Saint-Pierre G and Boccaccini AR. Strategies for the chemical and biological functionalization of scaffolds for cardiac tissue engineering: a review. J. R. Soc. Interface (2015) 12: 20150254-24.
(39) Parisi L, Toffoli A, Ghiacci G and Macaluso GM. Tailoring the interface of biomaterials to design effective scaffolds. J. Funct. Biomater. (2018) 9: 50-81.
(40) Hasan A, Morshed M, Memic A, Hassan S, Webster TJ and Marei HE-S. Nanoparticles in tissue engineering: applications, challenges and prospects. Int. J. Nanomedicine (2018) 13: 5637-55.
(41) Tabatabaei Mirakabad FS, Nejati-Koshki K, Akbarzadeh A, Yamchi MR, Milani M, Zarghami N, Zeighamian V, Rahimzadeh A, Alimohammadi S, Hanifehpour Y and Joo SW. PLGA-based nanoparticles as cancer drug delivery systems. Asian Pac. J. Cancer Prev. (2014) 15: 517-35.
(42) Walmsley GG, McArdle A, Tevlin R, Momeni A, Atashroo D, Hu MS, Feroze A, Wong V, Lorenz P, Longaker M, Wan D. Nanotechnology in bone tissue engineering. Nanomed.: Nanotechnol. Biol. Med. (2015) 11: 1253-63.
(43) Khoramgah MS, Ranjbari J, Abbaszadeh H-A, Mirakabad FST, Hatami S, Hosseinzadeh S and Ghanbarian H. Freeze-dried multiscale porous nanofibrous three dimensional scaffolds for bone regenerations. BioImpacts: BI. (2020) 10: 73.
(44) Yang W, Han W, He W, Li J, Wang J, Feng H and Qian Y. Surface topography of hydroxyapatite promotes osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Mater. Sci. Eng. C. (2016) 60: 45-53.
(45) Li J, Xu T, Wang Q, Ren J, Duan K, Mu Y and Weng J. Integrating surface topography of stripe pattern on pore surface of 3-dimensional hydroxyapatiye scaffolds. Mater. Lett. (2016) 169: 148-52.
(46) Chen X, Fan H, Deng X, Wu L, Yi T, Gu L, Zhou C, Fan Y and Zhang X. Scaffold structural microenvironmental cues to guide tissue regeneration in bone tissue applications. J. Nanomater. (2018) 8: 960-75.
(47) Ghasemi-Mobarakeh L, Prabhakaran MP, Tian L, Shamirzaei-Jeshvaghani E, Dehghani L and Ramakrishna S. Structural properties of scaffolds: crucial parameters towards stem cells differentiation. World J. Stem. Cells (2015) 7: 728-44.
(48) Soundararajan A, Dhandapani R, Radhakrishnan J, Manigandan A, Kalyanasundaram S, Sethuraman S and Subramanian A. Surface topography of polylactic acid nanofibrous mats: influence on blood compatibility. J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Med. (2018) 29: 145-59.
(49) Nokhasteh S, Sadeghi-avalshahr A, Molavi AM, Khorsand-Ghayeni M and Naderi-Meshkin H. Effect of bioactive glass nanoparticles on biological properties of PLGA/collagen scaffold. Prog. Biomater. (2018) 7: 111-9.
(50) Haider A, Haider S and Kang IK. A comprehensive review summarizing the effect of electrospinning parameters and potential applications of nanofibers in biomedical and biotechnology. Arab. J. Chem. (2018) 11: 1165-88.
(51) Khalili AA and Ahmad MR. A review of cell adhesion studies for biomedical and biological applications. Int. J. Mol. Sci. (2015) 16: 18149-84.
(52) Olthof MGL, Kempen DHR, Liu X, Dadsetan M, Tryfonidou MA, Yaszemski MJ, Dhert WJA and Lu L. Effect of biomaterial electrical charge on bone morphogenetic protein-2-induced in vivo bone formation. Tissue Eng. Part A. (2019) 25: 1037-052.
(53) Xu L-P, Meng J, Zhang S, Ma X and Wang S. Amplified effect of surface charge on cell adhesion by nanostructures. Nanoscale (2016) 8: 12540-3.
(54) Sahmani S, Saber-Samandari S, Khandan A and Aghdam MM. Influence of MgO nanoparticles on the mechanical properties of coated hydroxyapatite nanocomposite scaffolds produced via space holder technique: fabrication, characterization and simulation. J. Mech. Behav. Biomed. (2019) 95: 76-88.
(55) Wei M, Li S and Le W. Nanomaterials modulate stem cell differentiation: biological interaction and underlying mechanisms. J. Nanobiotechnol. (2017) 15: 1-13.
(56) Karimi Z, Seyedjafari E, Mahdavi FS, Hashemi SM, Khojasteh A, Kazemi B and Mohammadi-Yeganeh S. Baghdadite nanoparticle‐coated poly l‐lactic acid (PLLA) ceramics scaffold improved osteogenic differentiation of adipose tissue‐derived mesenchymal stem cells. J. Biomed. Mater. Res. A. (2019) 107: 1284-93.
(57) Sandri G, Bonferoni MC, Rossi S, Ferrari F, Aguzzi C, Viseras C and Caramella C. Book of Clay minerals for tissue regeneration, repair, and engineering. Wound Healing Biomaterials: Elsevier. (2016) 385-402.
(58) Villaca JC, da Silva LCRP, Adilis K, de Almeida GS, Locatelli FR, Maia LC, Rodrigues CR, de Sousa VP, Tavares MIB and Cabral LM. Development and characterization of clay-polymer nanocomposite membranes containing sodium alendronate with osteogenic activity. Appl. Clay Sci. (2017) 146: 475-86.