Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (2004): Supplement 2:
2nd International Congress on Traditional Medicine and Materia Medica
Survey of using medicinal herbs in Semirom
Bagherzadeh K., Bahreininejad B., Ansari H.
Agricultural and Natural Resources Research Center of Esfahan, Esfahan, Iran
- Finding the most important medicinal herbs in Semirom.
- Determination of major diseases in Semirom.
- Determination of medicinal herb successes on diseases treatment.
This study was a measuremental study in 2002 based on filled questionnaire distributed among the Semirom people.
- 30 regional species of medicinal herbs have been found for remediation of diseases.
- More than 80 percent of Semirom people were Familiar with medicinal herbs.
- 55 percent of people were using medicinal herbs for their ailments.
- The most important medicinal herbs have been used in Semirom were as follows: Achillea wilhelmsii, Antemis nobilis, Thymus daenensis, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Ferulago stellata, Stachys inflata and Gundelia tournefortii.
Increasing knowledge of Semirom people on the proper using of medicinal herbs and their side effects and also conservation of medicinal herbs of Semirom are the most important factors which must be considered.