(1) Muñoz A and Costa M. Elucidating the mechanisms of Ni compound uptake: A review of particulate and nanoNi endocytosis and toxicity. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. (2012) 260: 1–16.
(2) Cameron KS, Buchner V and Tchounwou PB. Exploring the molecular mechanisms of Ni—induced genotoxicity and carcinogenicity: a literature review. Rev. Environ. Health (2011) 26: 81–92.
(3) Sun Y, Ou Y, Cheng M, Ruan Y and van der Hoorn FA. Binding of Ni to testicular Glutamate-ammonia ligase inhibits its enzymatic activity. Mol. Reprod. Dev. (2011) 78: 104–15.
(4) Matos C, Moutinho C, Balcão V, Almeida C, Ribeiro M, Marques AF and Guerra A. Total antioxidant activity and trace elements in human milk: the first 4 months of breast-feeding. Eur. Food Res. Technol. (2009) 2: 201–8.
(5) Meguid NA, Dardir AA, Abdel-Raouf ER and Hashish A. Evaluation of oxidative stress in autism defective antioxidant Autism Research and Treatment enzymes and increased lipid peroxidation. Biol. Trace. Elem. Res. (2011) 143: 58–65.
(6) Kilic E and Yazar S. leaf extract on acute butylatedydroxyltoluene induced oxidative stress in Wistar rats. J. Med. Plant Res. (2011) AND 30: 6636–43.
(7) Gordon M. Fats and Fatty Foods. Food Industries Manual. Springer (1993) 288-327.
(8) Yao LH, Jiang YM, Shi J, Tomás-Barberán FA, Datta N, Singanusong R, Chen SS. Flavonoids in food and their health benefits. Plant Foods Hum. Nutr. (2004) 59: 113-22.
(9) Bhalodia NR, Nariya PB, Acharya RN and Shukla VJ. Evaluation of in-vitro antioxidant activity of flowers of Cassia fistula Linn. Int. J. Pharm. Tech. Res. (2011) 3: 589–99.
(10) Mulero J, Martínez G, Oliva J, Cermeño S, Cayuela JM, Zafrilla P, Martínez-Cachá A and Barba A. Phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity of red wine made from grapes treated with different fungicides. Food Chem. (2015) 180: 25-31.
(11) Fan SH, Zhang ZF, Zheng YL, Lu J, Wu DM, Shan Q, Hu B and Wang YY. Troxerutin protects the mouse kidney from D-galactose-caused injury through anti-inflammation and anti-oxidation. Int. Immunopharmacol. (2009) 9: 91–6.
(12) Liu C-M, Ma J-Q and Lou Y. Chronic administration of troxerutin Protects mouse kidney against D-galactose-induced oxidative DNA damage. Food Chem. Toxicol. (2010) 48: 2809–17.
(13) Fraga CG, Leibouitz BE and Toppel AL. Lipid peroxidation measured as TBARS in tissue slices: characterization and comparison with homogenates and microsomes. Free. Radic. Biol. Med. (1988) 4: 155-61.
(14) Jiang ZY, Hunt JV and Wolff SD. Ferrous sulphate oxidation in the presence of xylenol orange for detection of lipid hydroperoxide in low density lipoprotein. Anal. Biochem (2009) 202: 384–9.
(15) Omaye ST, Turnbull JD and Sauberlich HE. Selected methods for the determination of ascorbic acid in animal cells, tissues and fluids. Methods Enzymol. (1979) 62: 1-11.
(16) Desai ID. Vitamin E analysis method for animal tissues. Methods Enzymol. (1980) 105: 138–43.
(17) Ellman GL. Tissue sulphydryl groups. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. (1959) 82: 70–7.
(18) Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL and Randall RJ. Protein measurement with the Folinphenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem. (1951) 193: 265–75.
(19) Mensor LL, Menezes FS, Leitao GG, Reis AS, Dos santos TC, Coube CS and Leitao SG. Screening of Brazilian plant extracts for antioxidant activity by the use of DPPH free radical method. Phytother. Res. (2001)15: 127–30.
(20) Nishimiki M, Rao NA and Yagi K. The occurrence of superoxide anion in the reaction of reduced phenazine methosulphate and molecular oxygen. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. (1972) 46: 849–53.
(21) Halliwell B, Gutteridge JMC and Aruoma OI. The deoxyribose methods; a simple assay for determination of rate constants for reaction of hydroxyl radicals. Anal. Biochem. (1989) 165:215–9.
(22) Oyaizu M. Studies on product of browning reaction prepared from glucose amine. Jap. J. Nutr. (1986) 44: 307–15.
(23) Pari L and Amudha K. Hepatoprotective role of naringin on Ni-induced toxicity in male Wistar rats. Eur. J. Pharmacol. (2011) 650: 364–70.
(24) Georgakilas AG, Mosley W, Georgakila S, Zeich D and Panayiotidis MI. Viral induced human Carcinogenesis an oxidative stress perspective. Mol. Biosyst. (2010) 6: 1162–72.
(25) Pari L and Elangovan P. Troxerutin protects nickelinduced alterations in lipids and plasma lipoproteins in rats. Int. J. Basic. Life Scie. (2013) 1: 2320-513.
(26) Yue D, Yan L, Luo H, Xu X and Jin X. Effect of Vitamin E supplementation on semen quality and the testicular cell membranal and mitochondrial antioxidant abilities in Johan fine-wool sheep. Anim. Reprod. Sci. (2010) 118: 217–22.
(27) James SJ, Rose S and Melnyk S. Cellular and mitochondrial glutathione redox imbalance in lymphoblastic cells derived from children with autism. FASEB J. (2009) 23: 2374–83.
(28) Choi Y, Lee S, Kim Y, Yoon J, Jeong H and Lee J. A tocotrienol-rich fraction from grape seeds inhibits oxidative stress induced by tert-butyl hydroperoxide in HepG2 cells. J. Med. Food (2010) 13: 1240-6.
(29) Das KK, Das SN and Dhundasi SA. Ni, its adverse health effects & oxidative stress. Indian J. Med. Res. (2010) 128: 412–25.
(30) Dehpour AA, Ebrahimzadeh MA, Nabavi SF and Nabavi SM. Antioxidant activity of methanol extract of Ferula assafoetida and its essential oil composition. Grasas Aceites (2009) 60: 405–12.
(31) Matos C, Moutinho C, Balcão V, Almeida C, Ribeiro M, Marques AF and Guerra A. Total antioxidant activity and trace elements in human milk: the first 4 months of breast-feeding. Eur. Food Res. Technol. (2009) 2: 201–8.
(32) Yang M, Blomquist BW and Huebert BJ. Constraining the concentration of the hydroxyl radical in a stratocumulus-topped marine boundary layer from sea-to-air eddy covariance flux measurements of dimethylsulfide. Atmos. Chem. Phys. (2009) 9: 9225–36.
(33) Nabavi SM, Ebrahimzadeh MA, Nabavi SF, Fazelian M and Eslami B. In-vitro antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity of Diospyros lotus and Pyrus boissieriana growing in Iran. Pharmacogn. Mag. (2009) 4: 123–7.
(34) Meir S, Kanner J, Akiri B and Hadas SP. Determination and involvement of aqueous reducing compounds in oxidative defense systems of various senescing leaves. J. Agric. Food Chem. (1995) 43: 1813–5.
(35) Elangovan P and Pari L. Ameliorating effects of troxerutin on nickel-induced oxidative stress in rats. Redox. Rep. (2013) 18: 224-32.
(36) Elangovan P, Jalaludeen AM, Ramakrishnan R and Pari L. Protective Effect of Troxerutin on NickelInduced Testicular Toxicity in Wistar Rats. J. Environ. Pathol. Toxicol. Oncol. (2016) 35: 133-46.