(1) Campos MA, de Almeida LA, Grossi MF, and Tagliati CA. In vitro evaluation of biomarkers of nephrotoxicity through gene expression using gentamicin. JBMT. )2018) 32:e22189.
(2) Pierson-Marchandise M, Gras V, Moragny J, Micallef J, Gaboriau L, and Picard S. The drugs that mostly frequently induce acute kidney injury: a case - noncase study of a pharmacovigilance database. Br J Clin Pharmacol. (2017) 83:1341-9.
(3) Slater MB, Gruneir A, Rochon PA, Howard AW, Koren G, and Parshuram CS. Identifying High-Risk Medications Associated with Acute Kidney Injury in Critically Ill Patients: A Pharmacoepidemiologic Evaluation. Paediatr Drugs. (2017) 19:59-67.
(4) Brereton CJ, Lennon D, Browning S, Dunn E, Ferguson JK, and Davis JS. Is gentamicin safe and effective for severe community-acquired pneumonia? An 8-year retrospective cohort study. Int J Antimicrob Agents. (2018) 51:862-6.
(5) Mohamed DI, Khairy E, Saad SST, Habib EK, and Hamouda MA. Potential protective effects of Dapagliflozin in gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity rat model via modulation of apoptosis associated miRNAs. Gene. (2019) 707:198-204.
(6) Duarte F, Pessoa EA, Reis LA, Schor N, and Borges FT. Priming prevent nephrotoxic acute renal failure through stimulation of antioxidant defense mechanism. J Bras Nefrol. (2016);38:161-72.
(8) Sun H, Yang H, Ruan H, Li W, He X, and Wang L. The Protective Effect of Sika Deer Antler Protein on Gentamicin-Induced Nephrotoxicity in Vitro and in Vivo. Cell Physiol Biochem. (2018) 50:841-50.
(9) Hayward RS, Harding J, Molloy R, Land L, Longcroft-Neal K, and Moore D. Adverse effects of a single dose of gentamicin in adults: a systematic review. Br J Clin Pharmacol. (2018) 84:223-38.
(10) Martínez-Salgado C, Eleno N, Morales AI, Pérez-Barriocanal F, Arévalo M, and López-Novoa JM. Gentamicin treatment induces simultaneous mesangial proliferation and apoptosis in rats. Kidney Int. (2004) 65:2161-71.
(11) Vicente-Vicente L, Casanova AG, Hernandez-Sanchez MT, Pescador M, Lopez-Hernandez FJ, and Morales AI. A systematic meta-analysis on the efficacy of pre-clinically tested nephroprotectants at preventing aminoglycoside nephrotoxicity. Toxicology. (2017);377:14-24.
(12) Boozari M, and Hosseinzadeh H. Natural medicines for acute renal failure: A review. Phytother Res.(2017) 31:1824-35.
(14) Khan M, and Wang N. Descurainia sophia (L.): a weed with multiple medicinal uses. Punjab Univ J Zool. (2012) 27:45-51.
(15) Zarshenas MM, Petramfar P, Firoozabadi A, Moein MR, and Mohagheghzadeh A. Types of headache and those remedies in traditional persian medicine. Pharmacogn Rev. (2013) 7:17-26.
(16) Zhou N, Sun Y-P, Zheng X-K, Wang Q-H, Yang Y-Y, and Bai Z-Y. A Metabolomics-based strategy for the mechanism exploration of traditional Chinese medicine: Descurainia sophia seeds extract and fractions as a case study. Evid. Based Complementary Altern. Med. (2017).
(17) Lee YJ, Kim NS, Kim H, Yi JM, Oh SM, and Bang OS. Cytotoxic and anti-inflammatory constituents from the seeds of Descurainia sophia. Arch Pharm Res. (2013) 36:536-41.
(18) Nimrouzi M, Zarshenas MM. Phytochemical and pharmacological aspects of Descurainia sophia Webb ex Prantl: modern and traditional applications. Avicenna J Phytomed. (2016) 6:266-72.
(19) Gui J, Zhu M, Bai X, Li B, Gao M, and Ma H. [Effect of methanol-ethyl acetate partitioned fractions from Descurainia sophia on proliferation and apoptosis of human non-small cell lung cancer H1975 cells]. Nan fang yi ke da xue xue bao = J South Med Univ. (2019) 39:169-74.
(20) Khodarahmi E, Asghari GH, Hassanzadeh F, Mirian M,and Khodarahmi GA. Cytotoxic evaluation of volatile oil from Descurainia sophia seeds on MCF-7 and HeLa cell lines. Res Pharm Sci. (2015) 10:169-76.
(21) Baek SJ, Chun JM, Kang TW, Seo YS, Kim SB, and Seong B. Identification of Epigenetic Mechanisms Involved in the Anti-Asthmatic Effects of Descurainia sophia Seed Extract Based on a Multi-Omics Approach. Molecules. (2018) 23.
(22) Luo Y, Sun Z, Hu P, Wu Y, Yu W, and Huang S. Effect of aqueous extract from descurainia sophia (L.) webb ex prantl on ventricular remodeling in chronic heart failure rats. Evid. Based Complementary Altern. Med. (2018).
(23) Choopani R, Ghourchian A, Hajimehdipoor H, Kamalinejad M, and Ghourchian F. Effect of Descurainia sophia (L.) Webb ex Prantl on Adult Functional Constipation: A Prospective Pilot Study. J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. (2017) 22:646-51.
(24) Aghili Khorasani M. Makhzan ul-Advia. Bavardaran Pub. (2001) 122.
(25) Moshaie-Nezhad P, Faed Maleki F, Hosseini S, Yahyapour M, Iman M, and Khamesipour A. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of Hedera helix extract on acetaminophen induced oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity in mice. Biotech. Histochem. (2019) 1-7.
(26) Moshaie-Nezhad P, Iman M, Faed Maleki F, and Khamesipour A. Hepatoprotective effect of Descurainia sophia seed extract against paracetamol-induced oxidative stress and hepatic damage in mice. J Herbmed Pharmacol. (2018) 7.
(27) Kashani LMT, Hatami A, Safaei A, Shirzad M, and Ahmadian-Attari MM. Different Traditional Methods of Nux-Vomica Detoxification Have Therapeutic Rationales. Jundishapur J. Nat. Pharm. Prod. (2016) 11.
(28) Rafieian-Kopaei M, Baradaran A, and Rafieian M. Plants antioxidants: From laboratory to clinic. J Nephropathol. (2013) 2:152-153.
(29) Salama SA, Arab HH, and Maghrabi IA. Troxerutin down-regulates KIM-1, modulates p38 MAPK signaling, and enhances renal regenerative capacity in a rat model of gentamycin-induced acute kidney injury. Food & funct. (2018) 9:6632-42.
(30) Anandan R, and Subramanian P. Renal protective effect of hesperidin on gentamicin-induced acute nephrotoxicity in male Wistar albino rats. Redox Rep. (2012) 17:219-26.
(31) Alirezaei AH, Shirzadeh Barough A, Azizi T, Shirzadeh Barough S, Ghorbanihaghjo A, Rashtchizadeh ,N, Babaie H, and Delazar A. Anti-inflammatory effects of grape seed extract in hemodialysis patients; a pilot study. J Renal Inj Prev.(2017) 6:184-187.
(32) Abdelrahman RS. Protective effect of apocynin against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Hum Exp Toxicol. (2018) 37:27-37.
(33) Balakumar P, WitnessKoe WE, Gan YS, JemayPuah SM, Kuganesswari S, and Prajapati SK. Effects of pre and post-treatments with dipyridamole in gentamicin-induced acute nephrotoxicity in the rat. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. (2017) 84:35-44.
(34) Hajihashemi S, Hamidizad Z, Rahbari A, Ghanbari F, and Motealeghi ZA. Effects of Cobalamin (Vitamin B12) on Gentamicin Induced. Drug Res. (2017) 67:710-8.
(35) Sugarman A, Brown RS, Silva P, and Rosen S. Features of gentamicin nephrotoxicity and effect of concurrent cephalothin in the rat. Nephron. (1983) 34:239-47.
(36) Wagoner MP, Yang Y, McDuffie JE, Klapczynski M, Buck W, and Cheatham L. Evaluation of Temporal Changes in Urine-based Metabolomic and Kidney Injury Markers to Detect Compound Induced Acute Kidney Tubular Toxicity in Beagle Dogs. Curr Top Med Chem. (2017) 17:2767-80.
(37) Uchino H, Fujishima J, Fukuoka K, Iwakiri T, Kamikuri A, Maeda H, et al. Usefulness of urinary biomarkers for nephrotoxicity in cynomolgus monkeys treated with gentamicin, cisplatin, and puromycin aminonucleoside. J Toxicol Sci. (2017) 42:629-40.
(38) Gebremichael Y, Lu J, Shankaran H, Helmlinger G, Mettetal J, and Hallow KM. Multiscale Mathematical Model of Drug-Induced Proximal Tubule Injury: Linking Urinary Biomarkers to Epithelial Cell Injury and Renal Dysfunction. Toxicol Sci. (2018)162:200-11.
(39) Zhou X, Qu Z, Zhu C, Lin Z, Huo Y, Wang X, et al. Identification of urinary microRNA biomarkers for detection of gentamicin-induced acute kidney injury in rats. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. (2016) 78:78-84.
(40) Moreira Galdino P, Nunes Alexandre L, Fernanda Pacheco L, de Souza Lino Junior R, de Paula JR, and Rodrigues Pedrino G. Nephroprotective effect of Rudgea viburnoides (Cham.) Benth leaves on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. (2017) 201:100-7.
(41) Sadidi M, Bakhtiyari M, and Alirezaei A. Effects of the Portulaca oleracea Extract on Gentamicin-Induced Nephrotoxicity in Male Rats. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2019(In Press).
(42) Askari H, Haghi-Aminjan H, Hafizi SM, and Alirezaei AH. The protective effects of Ocimum basilicum extract against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in male rats; an anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative and antiapoptotic action. Immunopathol Persa (2019) 5:e13.
(43) Fukuda Y, Eklof AC, Malmborg AS, and Aperia A. Calcium supplementation and thyroid hormone protect against gentamicin-induced inhibition of proximal tubular Na+,K(+)-ATPase activity and other renal functional changes. Acta Physiol Scand. (1992) 145:93-8.
(44) Matsuda O, Beck FX, Dorge A, and Thurau K. Electrolyte composition of renal tubular cells in gentamicin nephrotoxicity. Kidney Int. (1988) 33:1107-12.
(45) da Silva RM, Ko GM, Silva RF, Vieira LC, de Paula RV, Marumo JT. Essential Elements as Biomarkers of Acute Kidney Injury and Spontaneous Reversion. Biol Trace Elem Res (2018) 182:303-8.
(46) Calvo FB, Junior DS, Rodrigues CJ, Krug FJ, Marumo JT, Schor N. Variation in the distribution of trace elements in renal cell carcinoma. Biol Trace Elem Res. (2009) 130:107.
(47) Wang X, Chen H, Chang C, Jiang M, Wang X, Xu L. Study the therapeutic mechanism of Amomum compactum in gentamicin-induced acute kidney injury rat based on a back propagation neural network algorithm. Journal of chromatography B, Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. (2017) 1040:81-8.
(48) Promsan S, Jaikumkao K, Pongchaidecha A, Chattipakorn N, Chatsudthipong V, andArjinajarn P. Pinocembrin attenuates gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. (2016) 94:808-18.
(49) Park JS, Lim CJ, Bang OS, and Kim NS. Ethanolic extract of Descurainia sophia seeds sensitizes A549 human lung cancer cells to TRAIL cytotoxicity by upregulating death receptors. BMC Complement Altern Med. (2016) 16:115.
(50) Oliveira CS, Rodrigues AM, Nogueira GB, Nascimento MA, Punaro GR, and Higa EM. Moderate aerobic exercise on the recovery phase of gentamicin-induced acute kidney injury in rats. Life sci. (2017) 169:37-42.
(51) Otunctemur A, Ozbek E, Dursun M, Sahin S, Besiroglu H, and Ozsoy OD. Protective effect of hydrogen sulfide on gentamicin-induced renal injury. Ren Fail. (2014) 36:925-31.
(52) Teslariu O, Pasca AS, Mititelu-Tartau L, Schiriac CE, Gales C, and Saftencu PM. The protective effects of zinc in experimental gentamicin induced acute renal failure in rats. J Physiol Pharmacol (2016) 67:751-7.
(53) Stojiljkovic N, Ilic S, Veljkovic M, Todorovic J, and Mladenovic M. alpha-Tocopherol Reduces Morphological Changes and Oxidative Stress during Gentamicin-Induced Acute Renal Failure. Bull Exp Biol Med. (2018) 164:442-5.
(54) Oliveira JFP, Cipullo JP, and Burdmann EA. Nefrotoxicidade dos aminoglicosídeos. Braz J Cardiovasc Surg. (2006) 21:444-52.
(55) Casanova AG, Vicente-Vicente L, Hernandez-Sanchez MT, Pescador M, Prieto M, and Martinez-Salgado C. Key role of oxidative stress in animal models of aminoglycoside nephrotoxicity revealed by a systematic analysis of the antioxidant-to-nephroprotective correlation. Toxicology. (2017) 385:10-7.
(56) Kim BY, Lee J, and Kim NS. Helveticoside is a biologically active component of the seed extract of Descurainia sophia and induces reciprocal gene regulation in A549 human lung cancer cells. BMC genomics. (2015) 16:713.
(57) Yi JM, Kim YA, Lee YJ, Bang OS, and Kim NS. Effect of an ethanol extract of Descurainia sophia seeds on Phase I and II drug metabolizing enzymes and P-glycoprotein activity in vitro. BMC Complement Altern Med. (2015) 15:441.
(58) Shirazi MK, Azarnezhad A, Abazari MF, Poorebrahim M, Ghoraeian P, and Sanadgol N. The role of nitric oxide signaling in renoprotective effects of hydrogen sulfide against chronic kidney disease in rats: Involvement of oxidative stress, autophagy and apoptosis. J cell physiol. (2019) 234:11411-23.
(59) Askari H, Abazari MF, Ghoraeian P, Torabinejad S, Nouri Aleagha M, and Mirfallah Nassiri R. Ameliorative effects of hydrogen sulfide (NaHS) on chronic kidney disease-induced brain dysfunction in rats: implication on role of nitric oxide (NO) signaling. Metab Brain Dis. (2018) 33:1945-54.