(1) Goldenberg MM. Multiple sclerosis review. Pharm. Therapeut. (2012) 37: 175-84
(2) Trapp BD and Nave KA. Multiple sclerosis: an immune or neurodegenerative disorder? Annu. Rev. Neurosci. (2008) 31: 247-69.
(3) Alfredsson L and Olsson T. Lifestyle and environmental factors in multiple sclerosis. CSH. Perspect. Med. (2019) 9: a028944.
(4) Gourraud PA, Harbo HF, Hauser SL and Baranzini SE. The genetics of multiple sclerosis: an up‐to‐date review. Immunol. Rev. (2012) 248: 87-103.
(5) Palle P, Monaghan KL, Milne SM and Wan EC. Cytokine signaling in multiple sclerosis and its therapeutic applications. Med. Sci. (2017) 5: 23.
(6) Nicholson LB and Kuchroo VK. Manipulation of the Th1/Th2 balance in autoimmune disease. Curr. opin. immunol. (1996) 8: 837-42.
(7) Lim S and Constantinescu C. Current and future disease‐modifying therapies in multiple sclerosis. Int. J. clin. pract. (2010) 64: 637-50.
(8) Mojaverrostami S, Bojnordi MN, Ghasemi Kasman M, Ebrahimzadeh MA and Hamidabadi HG. A Review of herbal therapy in multiple sclerosis. Advan. Pharm. Bull. (2018) 8: 575-90
(9) Solanki I, Parihar P and Parihar MS. Neurodegenerative diseases: from available treatments to prospective herbal therapy. Neurochem. Int. (2016) 95: 100-8.
(10) Pleşca‐Manea L, Pârvu AE, Parvu M, Taaˇmaş M, Buia R and Puia M. Effects of Melilotus officinalis on acute inflammation. Phytother. Res. (2002) 16: 316-9.
(11) Chorepsima S, Tentolouris K, Dimitroulis D and Tentolouris N. Melilotus: Contribution to wound healing in the diabetic foot. J. Herb. Med. (2013) 3: 81-6.
(12) Larijani B, Heshmat R, Bahrami A, Delshad H, Mohammad K, Heidarpour R, Mohajeri Tehrani MR, Kamali K, Farhadi M and Gharibdoust f. Effects of intravenous Semelil (ANGIPARSTM) on diabetic foot ulcers healing: A multicenter clinical trial. Daru J. Pharm. Sci. (2008) 16: 35-40.
(13) Abdollahi M, Farzamfar B, Salari P, Khoram KH, Farhadi M and Madani S. Evaluation of acute and sub-chronic toxicity of semelil (ANGIPARS™), a new phytotherapeut. drug wound Heal. in Rod. (2008) 16: 7-14.
(14) Ebrahimi M, Bakhshayeshi S, Heshmat R, Shahbazi S, Aala M, Peimani M, Khushechin G, Mohajeri Tehrani MR, Shojaeefard A and Kamali K. Post marketing surveillance on safety and effectiveness of ANGIPARS in treatment of diabetic foot ulcers. Daru J. Pharma. Sci. (2015) 1: 45-49.
(15) Farzamfar B, Abdollahi M, Kabinezhadian S, Heshmat R, Shah HMH, Novitsky Y and Farhadi M. Sub-chronic toxicity study of a novel herbal-based formulation (Semelil) on dogs. Daru J. Pharma. Sci. (2008). 16: 15-19
(16) Khorram Khorshid HR, Sadeghi B, Heshmat R, Abdollahi M, Salari P, Farzamfar B and Madani SH. In-vivo and in-vitro genotoxicity studies of Semelil (ANGIPARSTM). Daru J. Pharm. Sci. (2008) 16: 20-4.
(17) Ghanbari S, Yonessi M, Mohammadirad A, Gholami M, Baeeri M, Khorram Khorshid HR, Gharibdoost F and Abdollahi M. Effects of IMOD™ and Angipars™ on mouse D-galactose-induced model of aging. Daru J. Pharm. Sci. (2012) 20: 1-68.
(18) Mardiguian S, Serres S, Ladds E, Campbell SJ, Wilainam P, McFadyen C, McAteer M, Choudhury RP, Smith P and Saunders F. Anti–IL-17A treatment reduces clinical score and VCAM-1 expression detected by in-vivo magnetic resonance imaging in chronic relapsing EAE ABH mice. Am. J.Pathol. (2013) 182: 2071-81.
(19) Moudgil KD and Choubey D. Cytokines in autoimmunity: role in induction, regulation, and treatment. J. Interferon Cytokine Res. (2011) 31: 695-703.
(20) Selmaj KW, editor The role of cytokines in inflammatory conditions of the central nervous system. Semi. Neurosci.; (1992): 4: 221-229.
(21) Irani DN. Immunological mechanisms in multiple sclerosis. Clin. App. Immunol. Rev. (2005) 5: 257-69.
(22) Kuwabara T, Ishikawa F, Kondo M and Kakiuchi T. The role of IL-17 and related cytokines in inflammatory autoimmune diseases. Mediators Inflamm (2017).
(23) Dudek I, Zagorski T, Liskiewicz J, Kedziora J and Chmielewski H. Effect of gamma radiation on selected indicators of oxygen metabolism in erythrocytes of patients with multiple sclerosis. Neurologia i Neurochirurgia Polska. (1992) 26: 34-9.
(24) Zhao G-c, Yuan Y-l, Chai F-r and Ji F-j. Effect of Melilotus officinalis extract on the apoptosis of brain tissues by altering cerebral thrombosis and inflammatory mediators in acute cerebral ischemia. Biomed. Pharm. (2017) 89: 1346-52.
(25) Zangiabadi N, Mohtashami H, Hojatipour M, Jafari M, Asadi-Shekaari M and Shabani M. The effect of Angipars on diabetic neuropathy in STZ-induced diabetic male rats: a study on behavioral, electrophysiological, sciatic histological and ultrastructural indices. Sci. World J. (2014).
(26) Hong N, Won D and Kim N. Pharmacological Studies on Melilotus officinalis Extract. Kor. J. Pharm. (1983) 14: 51-9.
(27) Liu MW, Su MX, Wang YH and Qian CY. Effect of Melilotus extract on lung injury via the upregulation of tumor necrosis factor-α-induced protein-8-like 2 in septic mice. Mol. Med. Rep. (2015) 11: 1675-84.
(28) Liu Y-T, Gong P-H, Xiao F-Q, Shao S, Zhao D-Q, Yan M-M and Yang XW. Chemical Constituents and Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Tumor Activities of Melilotus officinalis (Linn.) Pall. Mol. (2018) 23: 271.
(29) Sheikh N, Desai T and Tirgar P. Investigation into iron chelating and antioxidant potential of Melilotus officinalis in iron dextran induced iron overloaded Sprague Dawley rat model. Drug Res. (2016) 66: 618-27.