(1) Baron R, Binder A, and Wasner G. Neuropathic pain: diagnosis, pathophysiological mechanisms, and treatment. The Lancet Neurology. (2010) 9: 807-19.
(2) Nickel FT, Seifert F, Lanz S, and Maihöfner C. Mechanisms of neuropathic pain. European Neuropsychopharmacology. (2012) 22: 81-91.
(3) Svensson CI. Interleukin-6: a local pain trigger? Arthritis Res Ther. (2010) 12: 145.
(4) Varfolomeev EE and Ashkenazi A. Tumor necrosis factor: an apoptosis JuNKie? Cell. (2004) 116: 491-7.
(5) Leung L and Cahill CM. TNF-alpha and neuropathic pain--a review. J Neuroinflammation. (2010) 7: 27.
(6) Accelerated Nerve Regeneration in Mice by upregulated expression of interleukin (IL) 6 and IL-6 receptor after trauma. J Exp Med. (1996) 183: 2627-34.
(7) Arruda JL, Sweitzer S, Rutkowski MD, and DeLeo JA. Intrathecal anti-IL-6 antibody and IgG attenuates peripheral nerve injury-induced mechanical allodynia in the rat: possible immune modulation in neuropathic pain1. Brain Research. (2000) 879: 216-25.
(8) Ghaisas MM, Dandawate PR, Zawar SA, Ahire YS, and Gandhi SP. Antioxidant, antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of atorvastatin and rosuvastatin in various experimental models. Inflammopharmacology. (2010) 18: 169-77.
(9) Zhang YY, Fan YC, Wang M, Wang D, and Li XH. Atorvastatin attenuates the production of IL-1beta, IL-6, and TNF-alpha in the hippocampus of an amyloid beta1-42-induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Clin Interv Aging. (2013) 8: 103-10.
(10) Chu L-W, Chen J-Y, Wu P-C, and Wu B-N. Atorvastatin Prevents Neuroinflammation in Chronic Constriction Injury Rats through Nuclear NFκB Downregulation in the Dorsal Root Ganglion and Spinal Cord. ACS Chemical Neuroscience. (2015) 6: 889-98.
(11) Goldstein IM, Ostwald P, and Roth S. Nitric Oxide: A Review of Its Role in Retinal Function and Disease. Vision Research. (1996) 36: 2979-94.
(12) Mabuchi T, Matsumura S, Okuda-Ashitaka E, Kitano T, Kojima H, Nagano T, Minami T, and Ito S. Attenuation of neuropathic pain by the nociceptin/orphanin FQ antagonist JTC-801 is mediated by inhibition of nitric oxide production. Eur J Neurosci. (2003) 17: 1384-92.
(13) Kumar A, Meena S, Kalonia H, Gupta A, and Kumar P. Effect of nitric oxide in protective effect of melatonin against chronic constriction sciatic nerve injury induced neuropathic pain in rats. Indian J Exp Biol. (2011) 49: 664-71.
(14) Walker AK, Kavelaars A, Heijnen CJ, and Dantzer R. Neuroinflammation and Comorbidity of Pain and Depression. Pharmacol Rev. (2014) 66: 80-101.
(15) Schmidtko A, Gao W, König P, Heine S, Motterlini R, Ruth P, Schlossmann J, Koesling D, Niederberger E, Tegeder I, Friebe A, and Geisslinger G. cGMP Produced by NO-Sensitive Guanylyl Cyclase Essentially Contributes to Inflammatory and Neuropathic Pain by Using Targets Different from cGMP-Dependent Protein Kinase I. The Journal of Neuroscience. (2008) 28: 8568-76.
(16) Kalantar M, Shirali S, Hasanvand A, Valizadeh M, Tavakoli R, Asadi M, and Goudarzi M. Ameliorative Effects of Hydroalcoholic Extract of Lavandula officinalis L. on Methotrexate-Induced Oxidative Stress in Rats. Pharm Sci. (2017) 23: 18-26.
(17) Bennett GJ and Xie YK. A peripheral mononeuropathy in rat that produces disorders of pain sensation like those seen in man. Pain. (1988) 33: 87-107.
(18) Zhang H, Zhou F, Li C, Kong M, Liu H, Zhang P, Zhang S, Cao J, Zhang L, and Ma H. Molecular mechanisms underlying the analgesic property of intrathecal dexmedetomidine and its neurotoxicity evaluation: an in vivo and in vitro experimental study. PLoS One. (2013) 8: e55556.
(19) Kukkar A, Singh N, and Jaggi AS. Attenuation of neuropathic pain by sodium butyrate in an experimental model of chronic constriction injury in rats. J Formos Med Assoc. (2014) 113: 921-8.
(20) Abed A, Hajhashemi V, Banafshe HR, Minaiyan M, and Mesdaghinia A. Venlafaxine Attenuates Heat Hyperalgesia Independent of Adenosine or Opioid System in a Rat Model of Peripheral Neuropathy. Iran J Pharm Res. (2015) 14: 843-50.
(21) darabi s, hasanvand a, and nourollahi a. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTS OF ANTI-INFLAMMATORY OF GARLIC; NETTLE LEAVES AND OLIVES EXTRACTS IN STZ-INDUCED DIABETIC RAT. complementary Medicine Journal. (2016) 6: 1452-60.
(22) Brummett CM, Padda AK, Amodeo FS, Welch KB, and Lydic R. Perineural dexmedetomidine added to ropivacaine causes a dose-dependent increase in the duration of thermal antinociception in sciatic nerve block in rat. Anesthesiology. (2009) 111: 1111-9.
(23) Jaggi AS, Jain V, and Singh N. Animal models of neuropathic pain. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. (2011) 25: 1-28.
(24) Watkins LR, Hutchinson MR, Milligan ED, and Maier SF. "Listening" and "talking" to neurons: Implications of immune activation for pain control and increasing the efficacy of opioids. Brain Research Reviews. (2007) 56: 148-69.
(25) Guo W, Wang H, Watanabe M, Shimizu K, Zou S, LaGraize SC, Wei F, Dubner R, and Ren K. Glial-cytokine-neuronal interactions underlying the mechanisms of persistent pain. Journal of Neuroscience. (2007) 27: 6006-18.
(26) Zhang JM and An J. Cytokines, inflammation, and pain. International Anesthesiology Clinics. (2007) 45: 27-37.
(27) Yang T, Yang P, Jiang LM, and Zhou RY. Activation of spinal NF-(К)B mediates pain behavior induced by plantar incision. Int J Clin Exp Med. (2015) 8: 9149-55.
(28) Watkins LR and Maier SF. The pain of being sick: implications of immune-to-brain communication for understanding pain. Annu Rev Psychol. (2000) 51: 29-57.
(29) DeLEO JA, Colburn RW, Nichols M, and Malhotra A. Interleukin-6-mediated hyperalgesia/allodynia and increased spinal IL-6 expression in a rat mononeuropathy model. Journal of interferon & cytokine research. (1996) 16: 695-700.
(30) Covey WC, Ignatowski TA, Knight PR, and Spengler RN. Brain-derived TNFalpha: involvement in neuroplastic changes implicated in the conscious perception of persistent pain. Brain Res. (2000) 859: 113-22.
(31) Covey WC, Ignatowski TA, Renauld AE, Knight PR, Nader ND, and Spengler RN. Expression of neuron-associated tumor necrosis factor alpha in the brain is increased during persistent pain. Reg Anesth Pain Med. (2002) 27: 357-66.
(32) Li X, Wang J, Wang Z, Dong C, Dong X, Jing Y, Yuan Y, and Fan G. Tumor necrosis factor-α of Red nucleus involved in the development of neuropathic allodynia. Brain research bulletin. (2008) 77: 233-6.
(33) De Jongh RF, Vissers KC, Meert TF, Booij LHDJ, De Deyne CS, and Heylen RJ. The role of interleukin-6 in nociception and pain. Anesthesia and Analgesia. (2003) 96: 1096-103.
(34) Lee HL, Lee KM, Son SJ, Hwang SH, and Cho HJ. Temporal expression of cytokines and their receptors mRNAs in a neuropathic pain model. NeuroReport. (2004) 15: 2807-11.
(35) Gelosa P, Cimino M, Pignieri A, Tremoli E, Guerrini U, and Sironi L. The role of HMG-CoA reductase inhibition in endothelial dysfunction and inflammation. Vasc Health Risk Manag. (2007) 3: 567-77.
(36) Zhao L, Chen T, Wang C, Li G, Zhi W, Yin J, Wan Q, and Chen L, Atorvastatin in improvement of cognitive impairments caused by amyloid β in mice: involvement of inflammatory reaction: BMC Neurol. 2016;16:18. doi:10.1186/s12883-016-0533-3.
(37) Ewen T, Qiuting L, Chaogang T, Tao T, Jun W, Liming T, and Guanghong X. Neuroprotective effect of atorvastatin involves suppression of TNF-alpha and upregulation of IL-10 in a rat model of intracerebral hemorrhage. Cell Biochem Biophys. (2013) 66: 337-46.
(38) Pathak NN, Balaganur V, Lingaraju MC, Kant V, Latief N, More AS, Kumar D, Kumar D, and Tandan SK. Atorvastatin attenuates neuropathic pain in rat neuropathy model by down-regulating oxidative damage at peripheral, spinal and supraspinal levels. Neurochemistry International. (2014) 68: 1-9.
(39) Barsante MM, Roffe E, Yokoro CM, Tafuri WL, Souza DG, Pinho V, Castro MS, and Teixeira MM. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of atorvastatin in a rat model of adjuvant-induced arthritis. Eur J Pharmacol. (2005) 516: 282-9.
(40) Mount PF and Power DA. Nitric oxide in the kidney: functions and regulation of synthesis. Acta Physiol (Oxf). (2006) 187: 433-46.
(41) Yang Y, Zhang J, Liu Y, Zheng Y, Bo J, Zhou X, Wang J, and Ma Z. Role of nitric oxide synthase in the development of bone cancer pain and effect of L-NMMA. Mol Med Rep. (2016) 13: 1220-6.
(42) Conti A, Miscusi M, Cardali S, Germano A, Suzuki H, Cuzzocrea S, and Tomasello F. Nitric oxide in the injured spinal cord: synthases cross-talk, oxidative stress and inflammation. Brain Res Rev. (2007) 54: 205-18.
(43) Tanabe M, Nagatani Y, Saitoh K, Takasu K, and Ono H. Pharmacological assessments of nitric oxide synthase isoforms and downstream diversity of NO signaling in the maintenance of thermal and mechanical hypersensitivity after peripheral nerve injury in mice. Neuropharmacology. (2009) 56: 702-8.
(44) Wang S, Yan L, Wesley RA, and Danner RL. Nitric oxide increases tumor necrosis factor production in differentiated U937 cells by decreasing cyclic AMP. J Biol Chem. (1997) 272: 5959-65.
(45) Makris AC, Sotzios Y, Zhou Z, Makropoulou M, Papapetropoulos N, Zacharatos P, Pyriochou A, Roussos C, Papapetropoulos A, and Vassilakopoulos T. Nitric oxide stimulates interleukin-6 production in skeletal myotubes. J Interferon Cytokine Res. (2010) 30: 321-7.
(46) Aley KO, McCarter G, and Levine JD. Nitric oxide signaling in pain and nociceptor sensitization in the rat. J Neurosci. (1998) 18: 7008-14.
(47) Yonehara N, Kudo C, and Kamisaki Y. Involvement of NMDA-nitric oxide pathways in the development of tactile hypersensitivity evoked by the loose-ligation of inferior alveolar nerves in rats. Brain Res. (2003) 963: 232-43.