(1) Abbas M, Habib M, Naveed M, Karthik K, Dhama K, Shi M and Dingding C. The relevance of gastric cancer biomarkers in prognosis and pre- and post- chemotherapy in clinical practice. Biomed Pharmacother. (2017) 95: 1082-90.
(2) Leeaphorn N, Kue APP, Thamcharoen N, Ungprasert P, Stokes MB and Knight EL. Prevalence of cancer in membranous nephropathy: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Am J Nephrol. (2014) 40: 29-35.
(3) Rugge M, Fassan M and Graham DY, Epidemiology of gastric cancer, in Gastric Cancer. 2015, Springer. p. 23-34.
(4) Asombang AW and Kelly P. Gastric cancer in Africa: what do we know about incidence and risk factors? Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. (2012) 106: 69-74.
(5) Meng W, Bai B, Sheng L, Li Y, Yue P, Li X and Qiao L. Role of Helicobacter pylori in gastric cancer: advances and controversies. Discov Med. (2015) 20: 285-93.
(6) Marzouni HZ, Lavasani Z, Shalilian M, Najibpour R, Fakhr MS, Nazarzadeh R, Farshad A and Bahrami N. Women's awareness and attitude toward breast self-examination in dezful city, Iran, 2013. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. (2015) 17:
(7) Malekzadeh R, Derakhshan MH and Malekzadeh Z. Gastric cancer in Iran: epidemiology and risk factors. Arch Iran Med. (2009) 12: 576-83.
(8) Rocken C and Warneke V. [Molecular pathology of gastric cancer]. Pathologe. (2012) 33 Suppl 2: 235-40.
(9) Shahzamani K, Zare marzouni H, Tarkhan F and Lashgarian H. A Study of Mechanism and Rate of PC12 Cancer Cell Destruction Induced by Lysine-Coated Gold Nanoparticle. Journal of Babol University Of Medical Sciences. (2016) 18: 41-7.
(10) Marzouni HZ, Bagherabad MB, Sharaf S, Zarrinkamar M, Shaban S, Aryan H and Saburi E. Thioredoxin Reductase Activity and Its Tissue Distribution in the Pathologic Specimens of Patients with Laryngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Galen Medical Journal. (2016) 5: 153-59.
(11) Kooti W, Servatyari K, Behzadifar M, Asadi-Samani M, Sadeghi F, Nouri B and Zare Marzouni H. Effective Medicinal Plant in Cancer Treatment, Part 2: Review Study. Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine. (2017) 2156587217696927.
(12) Javidi MA, Zolghadr F, Babashah S and Sadeghizadeh M. Introducing Dendrosomal Nanocurcumin as a Compound Capable of in vitro Eliminating Undifferentiated Stem Cells in Cell Therapy Practices. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. (2015) 123: 632-6.
(13) Mirmalek SA, Jangholi E, Jafari M, Yadollah-Damavandi S, Javidi MA, Parsa Y, Parsa T, Salimi-Tabatabaee SA, Ghasemzadeh Kolagar H, Khazaei Jalil S and Alizadeh-Navaei R. Comparison of in Vitro Cytotoxicity and Apoptogenic Activity of Magnesium Chloride and Cisplatin as Conventional Chemotherapeutic Agents in the MCF-7 Cell Line. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. (2016) 17: 131-4.
(14) Momekov G, Ferdinandov D, Zheleva-Dimitrova D, Nedialkov P, Girreser U and Kitanov G. Cytotoxic effects of hyperatomarin, a prenylated phloroglucinol from Hypericum annulatum Moris subsp. annulatum, in a panel of malignant cell lines. Phytomedicine. (2008) 15: 1010-5.
(15) Schempp CM, Kirkin V, Simon-Haarhaus B, Kersten A, Kiss J, Termeer CC, Gilb B, Kaufmann T, Borner C and Sleeman JP. Inhibition of tumour cell growth by hyperforin, a novel anticancer drug from St. John's wort that acts by induction of apoptosis. Oncogene. (2002) 21: 1242.
(16) Süntar I, Oyardı O, Akkol EK and Ozçelik B. Antimicrobial effect of the extracts from Hypericum perforatum against oral bacteria and biofilm formation. Pharmaceutical biology. (2016) 54: 1065-70.
(17) Mirmalek SA, Azizi MA, Jangholi E, Yadollah-Damavandi S, Javidi MA, Parsa Y, Parsa T, Salimi-Tabatabaee SA and Alizadeh-Navaei R. Cytotoxic and apoptogenic effect of hypericin, the bioactive component of Hypericum perforatum on the MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. Cancer cell international. (2016) 16: 3.
(18) Song S, Xiong C, Zhou M, Lu W, Huang Q, Ku G, Zhao J, Flores LG, Ni Y and Li C. Small-animal PET of tumor damage induced by photothermal ablation with 64Cu-bis-DOTA-hypericin. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. (2011) 52: 792-9.
(19) Wurglics M and Schubert-Zsilavecz M. Hypericum perforatum: a 'modern' herbal antidepressant: pharmacokinetics of active ingredients. Clin Pharmacokinet. (2006) 45: 449-68.
(20) Hamilton HB, Hinton DR, Law RE, Gopalakrishna R, Su YZ, Chen Z-H, Weiss MH and Couldwell WT. Inhibition of cellular growth and induction of apoptosis in pituitary adenoma cell lines by the protein kinase C inhibitor hypericin: potential therapeutic application. Journal of neurosurgery. (1996) 85: 329-34.
(21) Kim J-I, Park J-H, Park H-J, Choi S-K and Lee K-T. Induction of differentiation of the human histocytic lymphoma cell line U-937 by hypericin. Archives of pharmacal research. (1998) 21: 41-5.
(22) Yi J, Yang X, Zheng L, Yang G, Sun L, Bao Y, Wu Y, Huang Y, Yu C and Yang S-N. Photoactivation of hypericin decreases the viability of RINm5F insulinoma cells through reduction of JNK/ERK phosphorylation and elevation of caspase-9/caspase-3 cleavage and Bax-to-Bcl-2 ratio. Bioscience reports. (2015) BSR20150028.
(23) Barliya T, Mandel M, Livnat T, Weinberger D and Lavie G. Degradation of HIF-1alpha under hypoxia combined with induction of Hsp90 polyubiquitination in cancer cells by hypericin: a unique cancer therapy. PloS one. (2011) 6: e22849.
(24) Mikeš J, Kleban J, Sačková V, Horváth V, Jamborová E, Vaculová A, Kozubík A, Hofmanová J and Fedoročko P. Necrosis predominates in the cell death of human colon adenocarcinoma HT-29 cells treated under variable conditions of photodynamic therapy with hypericin. Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences. (2007) 6: 758-66.
(25) Do MH and Kim SY. Hypericin, a Naphthodianthrone Derivative, Prevents Methylglyoxal-Induced Human Endothelial Cell Dysfunction. Biomolecules & therapeutics. (2017) 25: 158.
(26) Ferenc P, Solár P, Kleban J, Mikeš J and Fedoročko P. Down-regulation of Bcl-2 and Akt induced by combination of photoactivated hypericin and genistein in human breast cancer cells. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology. (2010) 98: 25-34.
(27) You M-K, Kim H-J, Kook JH and Kim H-A. St. John’s Wort Regulates Proliferation and Apoptosis in MCF-7 Human Breast Cancer Cells by Inhibiting AMPK/mTOR and Activating the Mitochondrial Pathway. International journal of molecular sciences. (2018) 19: 966.
(28) Huntosova V, Novotova M, Nichtova Z, Balogova L, Maslanakova M, Petrovajova D and Stroffekova K. Assessing light-independent effects of hypericin on cell viability, ultrastructure and metabolism in human glioma and endothelial cells. Toxicology in Vitro. (2017) 40: 184-95.
(29) Huntosova V and Stroffekova K. Hypericin in the dark: foe or ally in photodynamic therapy? Cancers. (2016) 8: 93.
(30) Balogová L, Maslanakova M, Dzurová L, Miskovsky P and Stroffekova K. Bcl-2 proapoptotic proteins distribution in U-87 MG glioma cells before and after hypericin photodynamic action. Gen Physiol Biophys. (2013) 32: 179-87.
(31) Maslaňáková M, Balogová L, Miškovský P, Tkáčová R, and Štroffeková K. Anti-and pro-apoptotic Bcl2 proteins distribution and metabolic profile in human coronary aorta endothelial cells before and after hyppdt. Cell biochemistry and biophysics. (2016) 74: 435-47.
(32) Chan PS, Koon HK, Wu ZG, Wong RN, Lung ML, Chang CK and Mak NK. Role of p38 MAPKs in hypericin photodynamic therapy‐induced apoptosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Photochemistry and photobiology. (2009) 85: 1207-17.
(33) Li X, Gao L, Zheng L, Kou J, Zhu X, Jiang Y, Zhong Z, Dan J, Xu H and Yang Y. The efficacy and mechanism of apoptosis induction by hypericin-mediated sonodynamic therapy in THP-1 macrophages. International journal of nanomedicine. (2015) 10: 821.
(34) Acar M, Ocak Z, Erdogan K, Cetin EN, Hatipoglu OF, Uyeturk U, Gunduz E and Gunduz M. The effects of hypericin on ADAMTS and p53 gene expression in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. cancer. (2014) 3: 5.
(35) Mikeš J, Jendželovský R, Sačková V, Uhrinová I, Kello M, Kuliková L and Fedoročko P. The role of p53 in the efficiency of photodynamic therapy with hypericin and subsequent long-term survival of colon cancer cells. Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences. (2009) 8: 1558-67.
(36) Xu L, Zhang X, Cheng W, Wang Y, Yi K, Wang Z, Zhang Y, Shao L and Zhao T. Hypericin-photodynamic therapy inhibits the growth of adult T-cell leukemia cells through induction of apoptosis and suppression of viral transcription. Retrovirology. (2019) 16: 5.
(37) Gamasaee NA, Radmansouri M, Ghiasvand S, Shahriari F, Marzouni HZ, Aryan H, Jangholi E and Javidi MA. Hypericin Induces Apoptosis in MDA-MB-175-VII Cells in Lower Dose Compared to MDA-MB-231. Archives of Iranian medicine. (2018) 21: 387-92.
(38) Halaburková A, Jendželovský R, Kovaľ J, Herceg Z, Fedoročko P and Ghantous A. Histone deacetylase inhibitors potentiate photodynamic therapy in colon cancer cells marked by chromatin-mediated epigenetic regulation of CDKN1A. Clinical epigenetics. (2017) 9: 62.
(39) Lee H, Ho A and Teo S. p53 Status does not affect photodynamic cell killing induced by hypericin. Cancer chemotherapy and pharmacology. (2006) 58: 91-8.
(40) Weller M, Trepel M, Grimmel C, Schabet M, Bremen D, Krajewski S and Reed J. Hypericin-induced apoptosis of human malignant glioma cells is light-dependent, independent of bcl-2 expression, and does not require wild-type p53. Neurological research. (1997) 19: 456-70.